POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Aircraft Design : Aircraft Design Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Aircraft Design
From: Jens Strohmeyer
Date: 14 Aug 2000 07:50:51
Message: <3997DD26.6A2CDC13@tu-bs.de>
This is a general aviation sports aircraft I designed in my spare time.
It is a single-seater, has limited aerobatic capabilites (-/+ 6 g)
and uses a pusher engine and rectractable main landing gear.
MTOW is about 500 kg, top speed is 450 km per hour. Wing span is 6 m.
(You must know that I am a post-graduate aerospace engineering student.)

"Designed" does not mean "paint" with POVRAY in this case.
What you see is the result of months of hard work and lots
of calculations and sketches and "what-if's", so there is a reason why
the
plane looks like this and not any other way.
I used POVRAY for design visualization because I had
no other CAD-Tool at hand.
I send you this not to judge the image, but the plane !
Any comments on the aircraft would be nice.
Thanks !
Jens

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: